OMS Office: 541-923-4900

Immunization Report

How to Claim a Non Medical Exemption

How to claim a nonmedical exemption

  1. Certificate of Immunization Status – fill in the dates of any vaccines your child has received, fill out the nonmedical exemption section by marking the vaccines for which you want the exemption, and then sign and date the exemption.
  2. Vaccine Education Certificate – you will get this certificate after completing the required education about immunizations from a health care practitioner or from the online vaccine education module.  Parents must complete the portions of the module for every vaccine for which they are claiming the exemption.  The module can be found online at


  • If you need a medical exemption for your child, get a letter from your child’s physician with the information stated on the Certificate of Immunization Status form.  Turn in the letter to your child’s school.  Medical exemptions are reviewed and approved by the health department.